To break down the industry from a statistical means to actually help understand the function of the automobile and the function of the industry as a whole.
I've partnered up with my good friend, Justin K - who has a master's degree in economics & is a successful car dealer. Utilizing his experience & knowledge of economics and my passion for cars & analytics/software skillset - we hope to bring some insightful facts to our readers.
A couple of our observations made so far:
- The average car loses 17% of the initial value within the first year of ownership
- On average for every 10,000 KM you drive, you lose 4.3% of your car's value
- On average, the more reliable a car - the better the resale value.
- The car brand that lasts the longest in the market is Volvo.
- An interactive table to see the top rated engines over the past 16 years.
I hope you enjoy StatsAuto and as always, any feedback is welcomed and encouraged!