Location: Bruce Peninsula
Access Point: Bruce Peninsula
Equipment: 2 Tents
Service Type: Backcountry
Party Size: 4
- Saanjeith Varathan
- Matthew D'Angelo
- Andrew Doubelt
- Ervin Mamitag
- Justin Kowalczyk
1st Night: High Dump - HD1
2nd Night: Storm haven - SH6
Parking --> High Dump(~10 km)
High Dump --> Storm Haven(~10 km)
Storm Haven --> Grotto (~5 km)
Grotto --> Storm Haven (~5 km)
Storm Haven --> Parking (~20 km)
Total KM for weekend: 50 km
- Alcohol ban 10 pm - 7 am.
- Food Storage - Bear Poles centrally located over 200 m / 656 ft from campsite. Steep descent to get to tent pad
- Each campground has 9 campsites equipped with a wood tent - Require use of free standing tent.
- There is a shared composting toilet.
- Bring a cook stove. No open fires allowed.
- Pack out your garbage.
- Hang food and all scented items on poles to deter bears.
- Wash with biodegradable soap 30m back from the shoreline
- Drinking water is not available. Carry your water in or be prepared to filter or boil bay water for drinking.
- Be careful hiking; this section of Bruce Trail is rugged and slow-going. Rocks are very slippery when wet.